The Colby Sailfish is seeking qualified applicants for the position of Head Coach for the club. Full Time (45 hours per week) from June 25-August 24, 2012. Reporting to the Executive, the Head Coach must provide strong leadership and solid program development to a summer swim team ranging in age from 5 to 18 years. The ideal candidate will have a passion for swimming and swimmers of all skill levels. The candidate will be able to communicate well with parents, swimmers, and others. Good time management is a must, as is the ability to work independently.
• Manage daily swim team operations and administration, as well as develop and provide any additional training clinics.
• Develop age/skill appropriate swim programs.
• Responsible for the leadership, and technical direction of the junior coaching staff, as well as the performance management of junior staff in collaboration with the Executive
• Attend all relevant swim meets and provide feedback to swimmer pre and post meet.
• Work with the executive in the development and delivery of social events for the swimmers and their families.
• Recruit and retain swimmers, including marketing to the community and expanding the size of the swim club.
• Willingness to participate in ongoing development opportunities.
• Other duties as assigned.
• All Summer Coaches are required to be members of the Nova Scotia Swim Coaches Association (NSSCA), Swimming Canada (SNC) and Canadian Swim Coaches & Teachers Association (CSCTA) annually.
• Water safety, first aid and CPR certifications are required.
• Level I & II NCCP qualified
• Proven leadership and professionalism
• Familiar in the use of Hy-Tek Team and Meet Manager software
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Computer proficiency
• Mandatory criminal record check
• Possess an enthusiastic client-focused attitude with a strong desire to provide a positive training experience for all levels/ages of athletes.
• Ability to communicate effectively and establish a positive rapport and working relationship with parents, swimmers, pool staff and the executive.
• Ability to motivate, inspire and challenge each swimmer.
This is a salaried position that is based on experience and qualifications.
Qualified candidates should email a cover letter and resume highlighting your experience, coaching philosophy, qualifications and references to firstname.lastname@example.org.