The St Margaret’s Bay Breakers Swim Team, is seeking qualified applicants for coaching positions, including one (1) Head Coach and two (2) Assistant Coaches. These positions will run from mid-June through the Provincial Swim Championships in late August (10 Week Program).
We are looking for motivational leaders with an enthusiastic and creative approach of teaching youth on a competitive swim team ranging in age from 5 to 18 years.
The Head Coach position reports to the Club President with the two assistant positions reporting to the Head Coach.
• Work as a high energy coaching staff helping all swimmers realize their individual potential and strength as a team.
• Develop and deliver an age/skill appropriate training program in accordance with the LTAD plan.
• Assist swimmers to establish personal goals and to develop the plan to realize them.
• Manage daily swim practices at local SMB pool (7:00-8:00am and 6:30-9:30pm)
• Provide effective and constructive feedback to all swimmers before and after practices and competitions.
• Encourage and support all swimmers throughout the season.
• Be a positive role model to swimmers and representative of the
Team and Community of SMB.
• Willing to participate in ongoing professional development
opportunities • Adhere to and enforce all pool safety regulations at all times.
• Other duties as assigned.
All summer coaches must be educated in some formal NCCP swimming capacity.
• Coaches must be “Swimming Teacher” certified and Head Coaches must be “Fundamentals” trained and/or be able to complete requirements.
• Level I & II NCCP qualified.
• Water safety, first aid and CPR certifications are required. Current Water Safety Instructor Certification is considered an asset. Current National Lifeguarding Certificate is considered an asset.
• Previous coaching experience will be considered an asset.
• Proven leadership and professionalism.
• Team-oriented, enthusiastic and passionate about swimming and
individual swimmer development.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Computer proficiency. Familiar in the use of Hy-Tek Team and
Meet Manager software is considered an asset.
• Mandatory criminal record check.
Compensation: Coaches are paid on an hourly basis.
Applications: Qualified candidates should email a cover letter and resume highlighting your experience, coaching philosophy, qualifications and references to firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Deadline: April 15, 2012.
We thank all applicants for their interest and will contact only those candidates whose skills and experience best match the requirements of the position. All applications will be held in strict confidence.