The Waeg Waves Swim Club, as part of the Waegwoltic Club, is seeking qualified applicants for assistant coaching positions, including Head Coach. These positions will run from mid-June until the Provincial Swim Championships in late August (10 Week Program).
We are looking for enthusiastic leaders with a passion for teaching youth on a competitive swim team ranging in age from 5 to 18 years. Candidates will need strong communication skills and ability to effectively liaise with swimmers, parents and the larger swimming community.
The Head Coach position reports to the Waeg Waves Club President with the three assistant positions reporting to the Head Coach.
• Manage daily swim practices. Required practices are an hour per day plus meets on weekends. Daily practices are 6:30-7:30pm four days a week with one morning practice from 7:30-8:30am. Meets on weekends will require travel and expenses will be reimbursed.
• Develop and deliver age/skill appropriate swim programs.
• Work collectively as part of a coaching team inspired to coach all swimmers to their individual potential.
• Attend all required swim meets and actively provide feedback to swimmers before and after competitions. Encourage and support all swimmers throughout the season on their individual development.
• Work with the team President and Team Executive in the development and delivery of events for the swimmers and their families.
• Be a positive representative and role model for Waeg Waves Swim Team and its swimmers.
• Willingness to participate in ongoing professional development opportunities.
• Adhere to pool safety regulations at all times.
• Other duties as assigned.
All summer coaches must be educated in some formal NCCP swimming capacity. Coaches must be “Swimming Teacher” certified and Head Coaches must be “Fundamentals” trained and/or be able to complete requirements.
• Level I & II NCCP qualified.
• Water safety, first aid and CPR certifications are required.
• Current Water Safety Instructor Certification is considered an asset.
• Previous coaching experience will be considered an asset
• Proven leadership and professionalism.
• Team-oriented, enthusiastic and passionate about swimming and individual swimmer development.
• Familiar in the use of Hy-Tek Team and Meet Manager software is considered an asset
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Computer proficiency.
• Current National Lifeguarding Certificate is considered an asset.
• Mandatory criminal record check.
Compensation: Coaches are paid on an hourly basis. The Waeg Waves offer a competitive compensation package based on experience and qualifications.
Applications: Qualified candidates should email a cover letter and resume highlighting your experience, coaching philosophy, qualifications and references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application Deadline: April 1, 2012.
We thank all applicants for their interest and will contact only those candidates whose skills and experience best match the requirements of the position.
All applications will be held in strict confidence.