The Bedford Beavers are a competitive swim team for ages 5 to 18. The Bedford Beavers swim out of the Bedford Lion’s Pool on Shore Drive in Bedford during the summer months of July and August.
The Assistant Coach will be responsible for:
• Work as a role model and mentor to swimmers to help them achieve their maximum potential
• Work with the Head Coach to Implement & Execute the teams training plan which incorporates the Long Term Athlete Development Program for summer swimmers
• Actively participate in all club training sessions, time trials, and swim meets
• Demonstrate a commitment to coaching and self development by participating in professional development opportunities
• Assist the Head Coach in fostering an environment which develops team spirit and a commitment to achieving personal excellence in swimming
• Explore opportunities to work with other coaches and clubs to inspire innovative coaching techniques
The successful candidate will have:
• Level 1 Coaching Certification
• Previous coaching experience will be considered an asset
Key Skills and Competencies:
• Strong oral communication skills
• Organizational and time management skills
• Adaptability to Change
This position commences mid June and runs until late Aug and the Bedford Beavers offer a competitive compensation package.
Applications close on Monday, March 19, 2012.
Interested candidates should forward their resume and cover letter in confidence to:
Please note that preference will be given to candidates who most closely meet the knowledge, skills and competencies outlined above. We wish to thank applicants in advance and only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.