The Bedford Beavers are a competitive swim team for ages 5 to 18. The Bedford Beavers swim out of the Bedford Lion’s Pool on Shore Drive in Bedford during the summer months of July and August.
The Head Coach will:
• Manage daily swim team operations and administration, as well as develop and provide any additional training clinics
• Develop age/skill appropriate swim programs.
• Provide leadership, and technical direction of the junior coaching staff, as well as the performance management of junior staff in collaboration with the Executive
• Work with the executive in the development and delivery of social events for the swimmers and their families.
• Recruit and retain swimmers, including marketing to the community and expanding the size of the swim club.
• Accept other duties as assigned.
• Act as a role model and mentor to swimmers and junior coaches to help them achieve their maximum potential
• Develop / Implement / Execute age appropriate/skill appropriate training programs consistent with the Long Term Athlete Development Program for summer swimmers
• Participate in all club training sessions, time trials, and swim meets and provide pre and post event to feedback to swimmers as necessary
• Demonstrate a commitment to coaching and self development by participating in professional development opportunities
• Provide feedback to junior coaches and executive on a regular basis
• Foster an environment which develops team spirit and a commitment to achieving personal excellence in swimming
• Explore opportunities to work with other coaches and clubs to inspire innovative coaching techniques
The successful candidate will have:
• Water safety, first aid and CPR certifications are required.
• Level I & II NCCP qualified
• Proven leadership and professionalism
• Familiar in the use of Hy-Tek Team and Meet Manager software
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Computer proficiency
• All Summer Coaches are required to be members of the Nova Scotia Swim Coaches Association (NSSCA), Swimming Canada (SNC) and Canadian Swim Coaches & Teachers Association (CSCTA) annually.
• Mandatory criminal record check
• Previous coaching experience will be considered an asset
Key Skills and Competencies:
• Strong organizational and time management skills
• Adaptability to Change
• Possess an enthusiastic client-focused attitude with a strong desire to provide a positive training experience for all levels/ages of athletes.
• Ability to communicate effectively and establish a positive rapport and working relationship with parents, swimmers, pool staff and the executive.
• Ability to motivate, inspire and challenge each swimmer
This position commences mid June and runs until late Aug and the Bedford Beavers offer a competitive compensation package based on experience and qualifications.
Applications close on Wednesday, March 21, 2012.
Interested candidates should forward their resume and cover letter in confidence to:
Note that preference will be given to candidates who most closely meet the knowledge, skills and competencies outlined above. We wish to thank applicants in advance and only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.